Our Team of Experts
Areas of Expertise
Russian politics and energy strategy, Japan-Russia relations, eurasian geopolitics
After graduating from Waseda University with a degree in political science and economics, earned his MA at the Moscow State Institute of International Relations. After working as a freelance journalist, assumed his current position. Is a member of the Middle East study group, Committee for Energy Policy Promotion; study group on Siberian and Russian Far East development and Japan’s economic security, Japan Institute of International Affairs; study group on Japan’s resource diplomacy and energy cooperation, JIIA; and Russia’s Valdai International Discussion Club.
- “Japan-Russia Cooperation toward Building a Stable Strategic Environment in East Asia” (Joint Statement by the Tokyo Foundation and the Russia International Affairs Council, 2014)
- “Japan’s Energy Policy in a Post-3/11 World: Juggling Safety, Sustainability and Economics” (Policy Proposal, 2014)†
- “Energy Resources and Japan’s Foreign Policy: Rebuilding Japan’s Energy Policy” (Policy Proposal, 2012)
- Rare Earths and Nuclear Power, coauthor (with Research Fellow Hikaru Hiranmua) (Nikkei Publishing, 2011)*
- “Priorities in Japan's Resource and Energy Diplomacy: East Asian Strategy” (Policy Proposal, 2010)*
- “Priority Issues in Japan’s Resource and Energy Diplomacy: Nuclear Energy in the U.S. and Russia, and Rare Earths in China” (Policy Proposal, 2009)†
†English summary only
* In Japanese only
Articles on the Site
- “The Tokyo-Moscow-Astana Triangle: Strategic Partnership in Nuclear Energy Is Inevitable,” Security Index, No. 3 (85), Vol. 14(2008)
Is a frequent contributor of articles and comments to the Japanese, US, Russian media.